Product Description & Reviews
These beautiful, hand-woven stoles (large scarves) are made from the finest quality of pure Pashmina Cashmere wool. The name "cashmere" derives from the Indian region Kashmir, where the first cashmere clothing was appreciated. Another very well-known term for cashmere is "Pashmina", that derives from the Persian word meaning "soft gold" and "the king of fibers" and has been worn by emperors for centuries. This Kashmiri Pashmina is made from the Himalayan goat, known for its fine cashmere and is often referred to as the cashmere goat, and this rare breed constitutes less than 0.1% of global cashmere production, another example of its high quality. The word "Pashmina" is sometimes used indiscriminately in descriptions. Many scarves made from synthetic or natural fibers are incorrectly sold under the name "Pashmina", thus creating a confusion in the market! Our cashmere Pashmina shawls are 100% pure Pashmina because the thread fibers are finer than typical cashmere wool that are normally 15-19 microns and these are 12-15 microns in thickness.As the fiber diameter is very low, pure Pashmina must be hand-processed but mixtures can only be machine-woven with simple wool, silk, or acrylic. No animals were harmed to create this material; the wool is not shaved off of the goats-- it is collected from shed fur on the ground and on thorns of berry bushes. The approximate craft time of producing a single Pashmina stole or shawl is 180 hours. This higher value of Pashmina shawl is due to the quality of expert craftsmanship that goes into creating each shawl and the rarity of Pashmina wool. We are the factory-direct supplier to many Italian, French, and British designers. If embroidery is shown on photos, it may differ slightly because each garment is hand-made, and unique.
Features & Highlights
- Our luxurious, handmade Pashmina shawls are made only from the finest pure cashmere wool that comes from its original region of Kashmir
- Cashmere wool is finer, stronger, lighter, and three times warmer than sheep wool
- The wool is gathered in the traditional method from natural shedding of wool-- collected off the ground and from thorn or berry bushes during the annual spring molt
- Our elegant, lightweight Pashmina shawls are very versatile and being light, easy to carry. Perfect for outdoor events, travelling in style, or for long romantic walks.
- Measures 27" x 80"; Dry cleaning is recommended
|Color:||Red Peacock Embroidery|
|Item Weight:||0.1 pounds|
|Item Size:||80 x 0.1 x 0.1 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.93 pounds|
|Package Size:||11.61 x 1.38 x 1.38 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.